Who We Are:
ULI is a trusted idea place where leaders come to grow professionally and personally through sharing, mentoring, and problem solving. Founded in 1936 as a nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute, ULI offers you access to the expertise of thousands of dedicated land development professionals.
ULI activities include the publication of books, videos, monthly periodicals, local and national meetings and a broad array of educational opportunities. Cutting edge research focuses on market conditions, new approaches to land use and development, and the factors shaping developmental. With pride, ULI members commit to the highest standards of land use.
ULI Virginia extends ULI to local members through forums allowing the exchange of ideas and information. ULI Virginia serves as an educational resource and is the region’s objective and informal authority on local land development issues.
ULI Virginia provides responsible leadership, research, and programs in the planning and development of land in Virginia with the objective to enhance the quality of life while accommodating the growth in population.
ULI Virginia Programs
ULI Virginia hosts educational programs and forums that explore a broad range of issues within land use. Programs for 2015 include:
- Quarterly Breakfast Series exploring topics including: Transportation, Building Healthy Places, Finance, and Housing
- Technical Assistance Programs (TAP) providing expertise in the evaluation of land use around emerging developments
- Reality Check Workshops and Vision Planning
- Exclusive tours and targeted discussion
- Mentorship Program for Young Leaders
- Vision Awards