Since 1947, ULI has harnessed the multidisciplinary expertise of its members to help communities solve challenging land use, development, and redevelopment issues on behalf of government agencies and community-based nonprofits. At the local level, this is accomplished through a Technical Assistance Panel (TAP). ULI serves as the “honest broker,” bringing all stakeholders together in an environment free of politics and preconceptions.
We leverage the collective expertise of our members to provide a unique, market-based perspective on a broad range of issues including:
- Strategies for revitalizing corridors or specific properties;
- Analyzing the re-use potential of existing properties;
- Identifying key economic and land use issues relating to public/private land use – situations;
- Evaluating specific development and land proposals or issues;
- Market feasibility analysis, financial structuring, and more.
The applicant provides key questions for the Panel to address, assembles relevant background information and resources, arranges for stakeholder interviews and site logistics. At least 12 weeks’ advance planning from final scope development is required. ULI Philadelphia assembles a Panel comprised of 8-15 senior-level members representing the specific land use disciplines needed for each assignment. Over an intensive 2-day working session, panelists tour the study area, interview stakeholders, and work collaboratively to produce preliminary findings and recommendations which are presented at the conclusion of the TAP in either a private or public forum. A complete report follows within about two months with detailed recommendations.