WLI Virginia Mission
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
Supporting the WLI Mission, WLI Virginia promotes the following themes in all its initiative
- Leadership education series of events focused on providing tactics, tools and skills needed for advancement into leadership roles.
- Meaningful networking and relationship building series of events programmed around fun and interesting activities while providing opportunities for women in the industry to build relationships with one another.
- Signature series of events held at noteworthy venues and featuring presentations / keynote speakers relevant for personal and professional growth and development
“This word means something different to everyone. We’d like to make it clear that this is not about asking women how they balance work and family life – that recurring question that clearly implies it is the women’s job to hold it all together. This is about learning from leaders who have found ways to be effective and fulfilled. We will focus on the skills and behaviors to keep ourselves healthy (mentally, physically, emotionally). We think it would also be interesting to look at balance in the marketplace – how cities balance the needs of the community and how the real estate industry adapts to changes. We’ll balance this out with some fun networking events.”
WLI Virginia co-Chairs
Katie Harrigan Karen Stemland
3North Woods Rogers