NEXT supports the ULI mission by identifying, connecting, and elevating the next generation of leaders for the built environment and ULI globally. NEXT engages and supports mid-career professionals in all of ULI’s activities.
ULI NEXT is a distinct membership group, where mid-career leaders can engage in discussions around topics that impact their businesses, help them develop professionally, and support a deeper understanding of the community in which they live. The affinity group provides members the platform for both formal and informal discussions around ways to better engage with ULI, build upon previous leadership and participation opportunities offered through the Young Leaders Group, and also differentiates in ways that are beneficial to this distinct group of members looking to continue overall engagement and contribution to ULI.
NEXT Virginia Goals
- Ease the transition from Young Leader to Associate or Full Member (prior participation in YLG is not a prerequisite for the NEXT program)
- High-level sharing of best practices and challenges among leaders and peers
- Seed future collaboration that leads to better policies and projects
- Support each other in mid-career challenges, share best practices for effective leadership skills, and foster professional and personal growth
- Develop meaningful long-term relationships with peers from cross-sectors of the industry
- Provide a collegial and non-competitive atmosphere
- Have fun!
ULI Virginia NEXT Membership Chair: